- Job Title
- Product Manager
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for shaping the future definition of the Cloud9 service and determining which vertical market segments we focus on. This includes developing new products and managing the profitability of existing services. From concept->definition->development->release, you will help us turn innovative concepts to real consumer services. We expect you to rely on your own knowledge, the experience of all Cloud9 employees and especially the requirements of our global customer base. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy.
• Work with internal stakeholders to gain buy-in for upcoming development work
• You will work with an innovative engineering group to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer base.
• Managing the entire product line life cycle including strategic planning, product functionality, product design, user stories, product specifications, sprint planning and QA support.
• Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan for new services, working with all departments to execute.
• Specifying and documenting market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by continuous customer and internal department reviews.
• Provide supporting documentation and training on features and products to marketing,
sales, customer services and other teams as required
Important Skills and Experience:
• The ability to communicate externally with customers as well as internally with our development engineers.
• Strong organizational and analytical kills are essential for success in this role. You must be able to solve complex issues, and translate solutions into simple concepts for customers and all employees within Cloud9 to understand and approve.
• 3+ years of product management experience
• Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry
• Solid understanding of current web and communications technology
• Ability to write high quality user stories and product specifications
• Experience working in a SaaS business environment
• Strong background with agile product methodology and project management
• Ability to interact with all internal teams and effectively communicate product information to relevant stakeholders and ability to translate business needs to a technical team
• Solid understanding of financial markets, networking concepts and UCC technology
• Experience at a startup would be a good asset
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required