Test Automation Engineer
- Job Title
- Test Automation Engineer
- Job ID
- East Lansing, MI 48823
- Other Location
We are seeking an experienced Test Automation Engineer to be responsible for the development of automation frameworks and execution of automation scripts by utilizing a variety of tools and scripting languages to create high quality, reusable automated test scripts for validation of core information technology solutions.
- Adhere to published IS policies and procedures
- Create automated test scripts for build verification tests, patch tests, and regression tests.
- Update and maintain compatibility of existing automated test scripts with enhancements to information technology solutions.
- Evaluate impact of environmental (dev, test, model, prod) differences on automated tests and make appropriate configurations.
- Consult with IS flight teams on the compatibility of information technology solutions with automated testing methodologies.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes/systems and document findings and suggestions.
- Manage multiple/complex projects with confidence and professionalism.
- Experience creating automation test scripts for functional, web service and database testing using Selenium is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 8 + years of experiences in an analyst role or in an IT environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical understanding to a broad range of applications and complex data models
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven ability to work with users in complex problem solving and troubleshooting scenarios
- Strong written, oral and listening skills are necessary