Network Administrator – Flint, MI
- Job Title
- Network Administrator – Flint, MI
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Flint, MI
- Other Location
Network Administrator – Flint, MI
Shift: 1st Shift (Typically 8 AM – 5 PM with a 4-6 week On-Call Rotation)
About the Position: Our Network Administrators provide our clients with Exceptional Service Experiences. We are driven to solve the hardest problems and to help clients avoid them in the future. We are passionate about networking, whether building, managing, automating, or protecting networks. Every day, we work on a variety of client issues and projects in cross-functional teams. It requires someone who is comfortable being uncomfortable sometimes. To be the ideal candidate, you’d describe yourself as curious, and as committed to continual improvement as a professional, and as someone who loves to work with creative, passionate people.
What We Need:
- Someone who will work patiently and successfully with clients every day to resolve complex issues important to their business objectives
- A person who can build client network infrastructure to deliver a whole solution with a multi-functional team
- An administrator who can Configure, deploy, and maintain routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices
- Solid 3+ years Firewall experience
- Site to site VPN Tunneling experience with encryption
- Solid Change Control experience
- A diligent monitor of the network, ready to resolve network-related events and alerts
- Respond to, troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate network-related incidents and problems
- A strategic professional who develops maintenance plans and executes upgrades for network services and devices
- A consummate professional who will perform other duties as required to help the Otava team achieve its objectives
What We Want:
- If you're hungry, humble, and smart -- apply! Read on if you want the details ...
- A combined 3-5 years in education and work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience in a network admin or support role.
- Experience working with business or enterprise networks.
- Network-related certifications or education a plus
- Excellent understanding of OSI Model and computer networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs) including knowledge of basic network topologies
- Experience with Cisco IOS and/or FortiOS
- Enthusiasm for technology and a penchant for troubleshooting
- Client-focused individual with excellent communication skills who has the ability to communicate network concepts and challenges effectively to both technical and non-technical people
- Knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, and/or Safe Harbor a plus
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
- US citizenship or permanent US residency required
What Will Really Make You Stand Out:
- One or more relevant industry recognized certifications: CCNP, VSP, ITIL, etc.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing (laaS or PaaS) platforms
Send resumes to: email@example.com.
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.
- Required Skills