Patient Care Advocate - CPhT
- Job Title
- Patient Care Advocate - CPhT
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97220
- Other Location
Based in Portland, Oregon, Ardon Health offers specialty pharmacy care with a human touch. We embrace the full health ecosystem —because getting better isn't just about filling a prescription. To foster good health, we connect patients, providers, manufactures, payers and the community with healthy tools and resources.
Ardon offers a unique and modern work environment that blends teamwork, excellence and open communication. Our team members grow and develop skills together while providing a high-quality, well-rounded patient experience.We are seeking a certified pharmacy technician Patient Care Advocate who provides exceptional customer service to specialty pharmacy program members by responding to telephone calls and providing outreach.
01. Acts as liaison between company, patients, and Physician’s office.
02. Responsible for accepting new prescriptions and making sure all necessary information including insurance verification is available to process orders.
03. Explains all company programs and services to patients and physician’s office staff.
04. Communicates with patients as needed based on prescription refills and refers any medication or illness related questions or concerns to a board licensed healthcare profession including but not limited to: nurses, pharmacists, or supervised pharmacy interns.
05. Responsible for scheduling prescription refills within the pharmacy software.
06. Maintains documentation of calls to and from patients.
07. Contacts patients to schedule deliveries, confirm address, inform of any co-payment involved and notify of payment responsibilities.
08. Assists with prior authorizations.
09. Refers under/uninsured patients to appropriate patient assistance programs and helps with applications.
10. Communicates patient status to physician’s offices/clinics.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality.
12. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
13. Utilize operating systems and tools to help manage patient therapy and refill compliance.
14. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Ardon’s rules and regulations.
01. High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
02. 6 months to a year work experience in a medical office or pharmacy setting, preferred. Prior work experience in a customer service setting, desired
03. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
04. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications.
05. Ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment
06. Ability to work independently and as a team.
07. Ability to come in to work on time and on a daily basis.
08. Pharmacy Technician Licensure, preferred.
What is a day at Ardon like? When we aren’t diligently working to change our patients’ lives, we’re planning potlucks, playing foosball, or celebrating this month’s birthdays (cake and balloons required). Each day we come to work excited and enjoy what we do. Our progressive environment embodies the notion that life is meant to be shared and lived well, through hard work, compassion, camaraderie and community.
We work to build trusted relationships and to be a resource that patients can turn to for help. We value this responsibility and take great pride in the opportunity we have to meet the specialty pharmacy needs of our customers. Team Ardon has a passion for providing great service and helping others.
Ardon Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual identification or orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Required Skills
1. High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
2. 6 months to a year work experience in a medical office or pharmacy setting, preferred. Prior work experience in a customer service setting, desired
3. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications.
5. Ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment
6. Ability to work independently and as a team.
7. Ability to come in to work on time and on a daily basis.
8. Pharmacy Technician Licensure, preferred.