Sr. Test Automation Engineer - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Test Automation Engineer - Contract
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28209
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Test Automation Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
We are seeking a QA Automation Engineer to join our team here in Charlotte, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for the certification and assurance of the quality of new and existing products by executing test plans and scripts to verify that new or modified software programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. Additional responsibilities include communicating and coordinating results with impacted departments and tracking statistical information
About Our Product
Our software offers complementary products for institutions with our core banking systems. Our products are designed to detect deposit fraud, check fraud, debit card fraud, account takeover fraud, terrorist financing, money laundering and government reporting.
- 6 years of experience in QA Automation engineering and testing
- Hands-on experience in ETL End to End Automated Testing and Data Validation
- Microservice Architecture / API Testing Experience is a plus
- Advanced query writing in MS SQL/PostgreSQL/Redis
- Cloud servicesbased testing
- Banking or Financial Industry experience highly desired
- Strong knowledge of ETL concepts and Data Load Strategies
- Solid understanding of database, data mart, and data warehouse architecture, designs, and modeling.
- Ability to work with Agile Scrum or Kanban methods in DevOps environment
- Experience with or knowledge of CI/CD
- Working experience in testing SaaS/PaaS/Cloud/Web based apps in various browsers on Mac & Windows systems
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related area.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Develops automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries while adhering to coding standards.
- Schedules and conducts testing, submits testing errors and issues to development for correction, tests corrected code and tracks defects.
- Documents test progress and results. Prepares reports and presents results as needed.
- Assists in planning, scheduling and implementing automation projects. Monitors automation projects and ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Performs evaluation of products and systems and determines candidates for automation.
- Serves as team liaison to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Analyzes scripts and performs code reviews of automated scripts. Reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Provides updates on automation progress and custom reporting as requested.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- Fulfills load testing requests and sets up appropriate load testing monitors on servers. Executes and analyzes load tests, and reports to product team members.
- Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Provides training and technical assistance to members of the automation team. May assist with training on software enhancements. May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
- May advise or recommend unit testing applications. May assist or recommend the application of a UML.
- Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
- Assists with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with software changes for update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.