Wire Harness- Implementation Consultant- Capital Tools
- Job Title
- Wire Harness- Implementation Consultant- Capital Tools
- Job ID
- Livonia, MI 48150
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Wire Harness Consultant will be a member of the Global ‘Integrated Electrical Solutions’ (IES) Professional Services team. This is a group of talented engineers working at the forefront of next generation platform engineering related solutions.
The consultant will work alongside customers to specify, implement and deploy harness design and manufacturing processes, ensuring a successful outcome by leveraging the strengths of our broad IES product portfolio. You will be contributing to the success of a team of consultants, product specialists and account managers by increasing the adoption of our IES tools across the America’s zone. Whilst many of our customers today belong to the Transportation Industry and Automotive/Military Aerospace domains, you will be required to define and implement solutions for a variety of industries.
- Engage with customers to deploy the Mentor Graphics Capital tools for electrical system design and manufacturing
- Work with customers and technical sales resources to define and document recommended deployment plans based around achievable successful outcomes
- Execu#LI-MR1te and manage deployment projects at customer site according to agreed-upon deployment plan with constant communication and coordination with consulting management, sales team and SW engineering.
- Deliver technical workshops as determined in deployment projects
- Configure the Capital tools to support customer’s requirements
- Customise to meet customer requirements using the product API
- Assist consulting management and account managers in determining incremental sales opportunities (services & products) and strategy leveraged by the successful deployment project
- Providing technical assistance to customers including technical problem solving
- Communicate customer technical requirements to product marketing
- Travel will be involved mainly within the America’s zone, occasionally trans-Atlantic.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the principles, practices and techniques of wire harness design and manufacturing processes, including understanding of key issues faced by customers.
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required. MSc degree preferred.
- Deep understanding of wire harness design flow from diagram capture through manufacturing delivery. Understanding of how product life cycle and product data management systems have managed this process and associated data a plus.
- Strong background and experience of wire harness design tools ideally Mentor Graphics Capital or similar
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
- Experience in IES related technologies and platforms, and knowledge of key trends in IES software solution deployments
- Experience with enterprise level business and implementations
- Understand/write English technical documents (Business level)
- Team and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to define and drive priorities among and within projects
- Ability to synthesize and formulate broad, high-level functional requirements into concrete solution specifications
- Strong customer interaction, technical communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organisations whilst maintaining a company-internal network of contacts
- Willingness to travel around 50%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with PLM tools - ideally Siemens Teamcenter
- Experience with CAD tools – ideally NX, CATIA, CREO etc.
- Programming skills – ideally Java & knowledge of ‘Capital API’