- Job Title
- Systems Technician
- Job ID
- Other Location
The Systems Technician will deliver effective detection, isolation, and analysis of service interruptions to the desktop user community and reduce problem reoccurrences. Images and software install for all types of desktops and laptops.
- Expertise in all types of Laptops or Desktops, Telephones, Cell Phones and Audio Visual Equipment, peripherals, and desktop infrastructure interfaces.
- Correct any problems or work with vendors to correct any reported problem on these technology areas.
- Demonstrates expertise in desktop and laptop imaging and desktop software installation.
- Analyze and identify system and process problems to reduce the reoccurrence of a problem. Analyzes problems looking for trends, always keeping management informed of problem areas.
- Work with the incident management team to restore normal service quickly to all system interruptions and reduce any adverse impact on business.
- Work with Technology and Application development teams to manage the execution of projects where desktop changes are required.
- Stay abreast on most recent desktop technologies and system applications (Office 2016, Windows 7, 10 and Mac).
- Establish direction for improved desktop support using the latest technology tools and best practices.
- Adding Users to Active Directory and modifying groups.
- Solve all technology based problems that are reported in a timely manner.
- Problem solve and implement process improvements meeting management expectation.
- The Ability to Multi Task on different work orders and events at the same time.
- The Ability to Write Proper Documentation on Software and Hardware Products and Installations.
- Associate degree in business, information systems or a related field; or two (2) years of post-high school technical training; or equivalent years of related experience
- Bachelor degree in business, information systems or a related degree preferred
- Performs all desktop related work at an expert level.
- Certified in A+ hardware, A+ operating systems and Mac certification preferred (i.e. MAC OS)
- Additional A+ certifications a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of Windows and or Mac systems support for technical troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Experience with most recent versions of Windows and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook 2016 and Windows 7 and 10.
- Experienced with most recent version of Mac operation systems such as MAC OS High Sierra thru Mojave etc. and Mac applications such as Office
20112016 for Mac (This is a plus).
- Working knowledge in the use of business tools, as related to work tasks (Word, Visio, Excel, Mac tools, etc).
- Demonstrates an understanding of infrastructure, security, and desktop interface to our infrastructure. Possess the ability to correct any problems or work with vendors to correct any reported problem on these technology areas.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide advanced support in configuring personal computers and workstations to operate in a LAN environment as well as to identifying, recommending, and installing software to operate under LANs. Demonstrates the ability to determine if hardware problems require vendor dispatch for on-site service/repair.
- Working Knowledge of Mobile Cell Phones such as Apple IPhones, IPads and Samsung Galaxy Phones. Have the ability to Configure, Backup and Swap out these devices.
- Working Knowledge of Voice over IP Desk and Virtual Telephones. Willing to Learn the Cisco System and be taught the Configuration process based on how the client uses the system.
- Working Knowledge of A/V Audio Visual Equipment – Such as Projectors, IP Connections and Cable Connected Display Systems such as Crestron or Surface Hubs.
- Typical office environment; office setting. Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
- Willing to work some weekends if necessary.
- On-call as needed. (24 hours/7 days).
- National travel required (up to 15%).