Decidedly Different Consulting and Staffing for Your Business and Technology Needs
We see our consultants as partners
We only thrive when they thrive. That’s why we’re all about transparency.
A few perks our consultants enjoy are profit-sharing bonuses, fully disclosed bill rates, comprehensive benefits, and ongoing 360-degree feedback via Sense. We also offer referral bonuses and never resort to non-competes.
Firmware Engineer 3 (281840)
- Job Title
- Firmware Engineer 3 (281840)
- Redmond, WA
- Other Location
This is a full-time contract/consulting position with Concordis. In addition to the full transparency of knowing the bill rate to the end client, you will receive:
Quarterly revenue sharing, a $1 for $1 matching 401(k) with NO vesting period!, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, STD, LTD, PTO, paid holidays, and more. Plus, you’ll never be asked to sign a non-compete letter before submitting you to a career opportunity. Client and consultant alignment with zero conflict of interest.
- Degree in EE required
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems principle.
- Demonstrable programming skills in C and C++.
- Experience and understanding of firmware design tools (IAR is a plus) and languages.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Experience with of standard protocols such as USB, I2C, MIPI, and/or wireless technologies (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills for multi-processor systems with I2C/SPI, USB and other interconnect bus.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product (Simple = Mouse or iPod shuffle) and/or experience launching multiple moderately complex to complex consumer electronic products: Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox.
- Demonstrated system engineering ownership of a moderately complex to complex product - Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox and/or Hands-on experience launching multiple complex consumer electronic products - Complex = Smart Phone/Xbox.
As an embedded firmware engineer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining firmware running on embedded consumer electronics. You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product bring-up and test: write, debug, and integrate new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code across embedded product line. Interacting with Hardware, OS, Test, Operations and various other cross-functional teams. Review board schematics and data sheets. Utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues. Enable test strategies for new components in upcoming products. Support product development builds locally and remotely.