Driven by a Passion for Excellence
We are proud to be the leading independent Global Sales Organization serving the Meetings & Incentives marketplace, with 250+ member luxury hotels and resorts. We have a passion for our clients, a passion for our Members, and a passion to serve. If you are inspired to find out more about the exciting career opportunities at ALHI, join our talent network by creating a profile, or apply for an existing open position.
We offer the largest portfolio of 4 & 5 Diamond/Star Meeting & Incentive resorts located in the world's most desirable locations.
A Great Place To Work
- Competitive Compensation Package - Wages & Vacation/Sick/Holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability - First day of employment for eligible associates
- 401(k), with employer contributions
- Positive work culture - A diverse and dynamic team of top-level hospitality/travel professionals
Director of Global Sales
- Job Title
- Director of Global Sales
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10165
- Other Location
Director of Global Sales
NYC Metro Region or New England location
The Director of Global Sales is responsible for developing and effectively soliciting secondary accounts and new account development. The ideal candidate is presently an in-market, successful hotels sales professional who has a proven track record with a deep understanding of strategic selling.
The Director of Global Sales shall report directly to the Regional Vice President of Sales- Northeast Region.
The Director of Global Sales will possess extremely strong telemarketing skills and phone etiquette, excellent interpersonal relations, effective communication and presentation strategies, superior time management abilities and successfully manage multiple ongoing projects. Basic computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft, Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and database management is preferred.
The Director of Global Sales will have a minimum of 10 years of direct sales experience within a GSO environment.
A degree in a related field is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Develop, solicit and close group business for our member properties through direct sales calls and entertainment appointments, lead follow up, trade show attendance and participation in industry events.
- Must show proven ability to build long term client relationships that translate into appropriate business for our members.
- Maintain product knowledge of ALHI member properties by obtaining all member updates and collateral, as well as traveling and conducting site visits as directed by the Regional Vice President.
- Must have a strong focus on achieving sales production goals of upwards of Four Million ($4,000,000) in total room revenues annually.
- Collaboration with assigned Sales Associate to accurately maintain and build database of clients.
- Create business opportunities and sales, and accurately follow and document the lead cycle for prospect, tentative, definite and lost business, thereby effectively maintaining database of clients.
- Cultivate and maintain strong proactive relationships with our member hotels and work as an extension of members’ sales team.
- Work to further the reputation and image of Associated Luxury Hotels
- Correspond with clients regarding potential business and future opportunities.
- Set and attend regular sales calls for members.
- Maintain involvement with professional organizations to advance visibility of Associated Luxury Hotels
- Coordinate the planning and execution of assigned regional marketing events.
- Stay abreast of industry trends by reading industry papers and travel related articles and attending industry events.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Associated Luxury Hotels International.
- Maintain ethical and professional standards of sales service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Vice President of Sales- Northeast Region