Senior Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Job ID
- Franklin, TN 37067
- Other Location
Senior Systems Administrator
Conexess Group is very excited to be aiding a local healthcare client in their search for a Systems Administrator to come on board full time immediately. This person will be reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure and will be joining a very educated and collaborative team. This company offers standard benefits, PTO, and 401K. They also offer the opportunity to work from home as needed and a very flexible schedule, as well as team happy hours, lunches, etc. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to ensure proper server and network operation to accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving automated monitoring alerts, performing system updates and supporting tier 2 related help desk tickets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Create and maintain scripts used for monitoring or software deployment.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Configuration, support and administration of Active Directory, GPO, Windows Servers, Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint technologies.
- Installation, configuration, implementation and maintenance of storage area networks (SAN).
- Maintain Disk-To-Disk replication to Co-Location.
- Maintain VMware Virtual Server Farms in both production and development environment (VCenter, VSphere).
- Responsible for maintain server hardware and software within SLA’s.
- Administer and manage all CISCO network equipment, Switches, WIFI, Firewalls
- Create Site-to-Site VPN tunnels with customers utilizing CISCO and Palo Alto technologies
- Design and implement LAN/WAN network environments
- Performs special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Participates in the IT rotation for after-hours, on-call support.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to work independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong scripting capabilities utilizing PowerShell, Batch, VBScript, etc..
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Solid understanding of core enterprise applications, including Email, Databases, and Faxing.
- Strong understanding of CISCO IOS.
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 & 3 Switching/Routing.
- Working technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols and Internet standards. Including TCP/IP, UDP, IPV4/IPV6, VoIP, QOS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, and Spanning Tree topologies.
- Strong technical knowledge of Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels.
- Strong technical owledge CISCO & Palo Alto Firewalls or other Firewall Technology.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze and resolve problems and be assertive in presenting solutions.
- Ability to organize and set priorities according to situational demands and work effectively under stress and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated skill in providing a high level of customer satisfaction to end-users.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science required.
- MCSE or equivalent certification required.
- 6+ years working experience and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Windows XP\Vista\Windows 7/10, Windows 2003-2019 Server, Active Directory and Exchange 2003-2016 configuration and administration.
- 3+ years’ experience in LAN/WAN Network Design, Deployment, and Management.
- 5+ years’ experience with VMware Virtual Server Technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience SAN Administration.
- 3+ years’ experience with windows scripting technologies.
- Experience working with daily routine application experience Trend Micro, Google Mail, or Web Filtering preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA data privacy practices and laws.
- SOC2 or equivalent experience is preferred, but not required.