Desktop Support Analyst
- Job Title
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Job ID
- Franklin, TN 37067
- Other Location
Job Title: Desktop Support Analyst
Conexess Group is excited to assist a local healthcare company in their search for a Desktop Support Analyst. This is an immediate full time need for our client and ideal salary range is between $45,000-55,000. This person will be responsible for managing and maintaining all end-user desktop hardware, mobile devices, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. This person will also be asked to provide Tier 1 support for all IT-related technical end-user desktop issues.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills to end users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides initial Tier 1 support for all assigned support desk incident requests. Performs initial problem discovery, escalation and resolution for all requests. Logs requests and documents request resolutions appropriately.
- Manage, sorting, and tracking service requests. Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure in help desk tracking system.
- Develop standard procedures for recurring service request issues
- Images PCs to meet established departmental criteria.
- Create documentation on standard support resolutions and publishes this documentation accordingly for future reference.
- Perform routine patching for desktops and laptops utilizing WSUS.
- Perform administration tasks in Active Directory and Exchange, maintaining security account access and authorizations for new and existing end-users.
- Maintain and Administer Desktop/Laptop encryption process.
- Execute basic administrative tasks in the VOIP phone system.
- Administer VMware VDI environment.
- Administer printers and print servers.
- Administer RightFax server.
- Participate in the IT rotation for after-hours, on-call support.
- Implement special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Perform light duty facility tasks.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively analyze and resolve problems and be assertive in presenting solutions.
- Ability to organize and set priorities according to situational demands and work effectively under stress and with minimal supervision.
- Hands on experience with imaging computers (Acronis).
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Active Directory required.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting and installing Microsoft XP/Windows7/Win10, Office Suite and other Microsoft products.
- Experience working with various hospital systems such as HMS, Meditech, McKesson, Affinity, IDX, Bulldog, Eclipsys, Epic, Cerner, Keane, etc. would be a plus.
- Hands on experience with printers and print servers required.
- Hands on experience with remote support tools preferred.
- Previous administration experience in Microsoft SharePoint, OpenText RightFax, and VOIP phone system, Google Postini would be a plus.
- Experience with regulatory and legislative authorities including but not limited to CJIS, HIPAA, PCI, and PII preferred.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows Servers a plus.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Group Policies preferred.
- Hands on experience administering VMware VDI environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related MIS discipline preferred.
- MCTA certification preferred
- At least 3 year’s experience working as a Desktop Support Technician or equivalent.