- Job Title
- Operations Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a large dairy manufacturing company who is looking for an Operations Manager for one of their successful dairy plants located in Western NY. Candidates must have extensive experience with dairy manufacturing. Please apply if interested!
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Responsible for production, packaging & receiving operations focusing on cost, quality, safety, & employee environment.
• Develop, troubleshoot, & improve manufacturing processes & equipment with assistance from Plant Managers & support teams.
• Monitor & oversee the quality of finished product by maintaining the equipment & facility’s sanitation
• Work with Maintenance & Engineering departments to coordinate & implement capital projects & maintenance activities.
• Provide leadership & guidance to production & supervisory employees.
• Ensure customer needs are met to include product performance, quality, cost, & timely shipments.
• Assist the Plant Manager in developing a yearly budget, monitor & control departmental costs in comparison with budget.
• Promote & enforce safety programs/policies in to reduce employee accidents and injuries by conducting safety training.
• Promote & enforce GMP’s, HACCP, quality & sanitation standards, to ensure product quality & integrity.
• Troubleshoot & lead problem solving initiatives by conducting team meetings & on-the-floor leadership. Effectively change systems & update procedures through continuous improvement & effective communication.
• Responsible for the daily/weekly production schedules.
• Complete paperwork, including production/quality records, Master Sanitation lists, schedules, accident reports & investigations.
• Ensure the consistent application of company policies & procedures.
• Analyzes plant operations & key metrics to ensure that the facility maintains high quality & safety standards
• Responsible for expense management & control, including shrink, labor & overhead costs.
• Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures are developed & maintained
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
• 2+ years Supervisory experience.
• 5 + years hands-on plant experience in dairy manufacturing (cultured dairy preferred)
• Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.