- Job Title
- Website Designer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Other Location
As a Web Designer, your designs should be sophisticated, dynamic, and modern. Your concepts will communicate client business goals through creative means. As a collaborator, you will help raise awareness and help solve the unique challenges of modern web and application design. Under the mentorship of the Senior Web Designer and Web Development Manager, you will not only hone your craft but help guide our team to design amazing works. This role is multifaceted, with tasks that involve web, application, and digital marketing design.
- Provide creative concepts and ideas on the overall look, feel, and functionality of web design projects and related digital projects (emails, video, audio (podcasts), motion graphics, infographics, data visualization, illustration, and presentations)
- Stay current on web design trends and techniques
- Conceptual brainstorming in visual and interactive design
- Designing primarily for digital & interactive (think apps and web)
- Provide expertise to design team while communicating expectations, progress, and feedback
- Collaborate with the Creative, Digital, and Development teams.
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to discuss and define digital objectives and develop creative concepts to meet those objectives
- 3+ years of design experience in an agency or studio
- Knowledge of graphic design principles and practices: layout, typography, and use of tone and color
- Experience in branding and design for both print and digital, with a thorough understanding of UI/UX principles
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in ideation and design
- Strong team player and an excellent communicator
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Prototyping (Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar)
- Pulse on new and emerging design trends and capabilities in the web and digital marketing space
- Design various social media and display assets for a wide variety of digital marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of digital marketing creative, such as specs, file size requirements, and technical requirements