- Job Title
- Process Operator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Other Location
A Nassau County Company making a significant positive impact on energy efficiency and Greenhouse Gas emissions is looking to hire Process Operators.
In this role, the right candidate is responsible for running all manufacturing-owned operations within the Lignin production process, operating support equipment and following standards and procedures for the Plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. This includes responsibility for operation/manipulation of equipment and controls to carry out procedures, and completion of in-process analytical data for process decisions and verification, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
This is a key role that requires the understanding of all critical aspects of Safety, Quality and Production to effectively monitor and execute needed actions as well as train/support peers as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in safety, health and environmental programs and adhere to safety and quality protocols including, but not limited to, wearing PPE to protect associate from potential hazards.
- Support and assist management in further developing best practices for production operation procedures and standards.
- Operate various equipment and instrumentation safely and with little supervision. Equipment may include but is not limited to: tanks, sensors, transmitters, valves and pumps
- Responsible for start-up, shut down, lock-out/tag-out and continuous monitoring and improvement of production process, controls and alarms.
- Sample, test and record process and product values as required by quality procedures and standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities to ensure plant cleanliness, and assist maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Monitors, controls, and records plant operations and failures
- Participate in shift-turnover meetings and monitoring defined shift Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with Shift Supervisor.
- Assist peers with technical training and support defined continuous improvement activities and Kaizen events.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist warehousing and packaging departments, and Shift Supervisor as needed.
- Ability to work rotating shifts (including weekends and holidays) and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- 2-5 years related work experience
- High school diploma (or similar), with relevant work experience
- Effectively work and communicate using the English language
- Experience in related field of Bio-Fuel or Chemical processing; or in an automated industrial/manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated skills in team improvement activities, problem-solving and training others
- Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS operations); Delta V or similar
- Lean manufacturing knowledge or related certification(s)
This is a full-time position, working a rotating shift schedule to support a 24/7 plant operation. Additional on-call or overtime may be required.
- Required Skills
• 2-5 years related work experience
• High school diploma (or similar), with relevant work experience
• Effectively work and communicate using the English language
- Optional Skills
• Experience in related field of Bio-Fuel or Chemical processing; or in an automated industrial/manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated skills in team improvement activities, problem-solving and training others
• Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS operations); Delta V or similar
• Lean manufacturing knowledge or related certification(s)