Associate Process Operator
- Job Title
- Associate Process Operator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Other Location
A Nassau County Company making a significant positive impact on energy efficiency and Greenhouse Gas emissions is looking to hire Associate Process Operators.
In this role, the right candidate will assisting in all manufacturing-owned operations within the Lignin production process, operating support equipment and following standards and procedures for the plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. This includes responsibility for operation/manipulation of equipment and controls to carry out procedures, completion of in-process analytical data for process decisions and verification, and cleaning/housekeeping while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
This is a key role that requires the understanding of all critical aspects of Safety, Quality and Production to effectively monitor and execute needed actions as well as support peers as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in safety, health and environmental programs and adhere to safety and quality protocols including, but not limited to, wearing PPE to protect associate from potential hazards.
- Support and assist management in further developing best practices for production operation procedures and standards.
- Safely operate various equipment and instrumentation safely and with little supervision. Equipment may include, but is not limited to: tanks, sensors, transmitters, valves and pumps.
- Responsible for start-up, shut down, lock-out/tag-out and continuous monitoring and improvement of production process, controls and alarms.
- Sample, test and record process and product values as required by quality procedures and standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance, 5S activities, and cleaning/housekeeping to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Participate in shift-turnover meetings.
- Assist warehousing and packaging departments, and Shift Supervisor as needed.
- Ability to work rotating shifts (including weekends and holidays) and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- 0-2 years related work experience
- High school diploma (or similar), with relevant work experience
- Effectively work and communicate using the English language
- Experience in related field of Bio-Fuel or Chemical processing; or in an automated industrial/manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated skills in team improvement activities, problem-solving and training others
- Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS operations); Delta V or similar
- Lean manufacturing knowledge or related certification(s)
This is a full-time position, working a rotating shift schedule to support a 24/7 plant operation. Additional on-call or overtime may be required.
- Required Skills
• 0-2 years related work experience
• High school diploma (or similar), with relevant work experience
• Effectively work and communicate using the English language
• Experience in related field of Bio-Fuel or Chemical processing; or in an automated industrial/manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated skills in team improvement activities, problem-solving and training others
• Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS operations); Delta V or similar
• Lean manufacturing knowledge or related certification(s)