LEAPROS® MOBILE APP IS NOW NATIONAL!
and Job Search Tool
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Techonology & Engineering
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
Director of SEC Reporting
- Job Title
- Director of SEC Reporting
- Job ID
- Orange County, CA
- Other Location
LEAPROS™ Workforce Solutions strategically links employers and professionals through innovative workforce solutions and transformative technology that catalyze growth for impact. LEAPROS™ is a trusted workforce solutions partner, offering customized recruitment and interim staffing solutions, as well as innovative resources designed to empower employers and professionals to accomplish their hiring and career objectives. Operating on a national platform, our areas of concentration include finance and accounting, information technology and engineering, human resources and administration, sales and marketing, supply chain and operations. Whether you are a talented professional or a company looking for a talented professional, we welcome you to take a leap with us!
CLIENT PROFILE: We have partnered with a dynamic growing publicly traded company in their search for a Director of SEC Reporting who will be responsible for managing the preparation of SEC filings.
POSITION TITLE: Director of SEC Reporting
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of SEC Reporting is responsible for managing the preparation of the SEC filings, lead all stock-based compensation arrangements and administration of the company’s stock plan, and serve as the key liaison with the external audit firm.
- Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/10-K and manage the internal and external review for these documents
- Prepare the quarterly earnings release
- Create and maintain the SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: audit/review schedules, press releases and 10-Q/10-K support schedules
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues
- Lead the coordination with the external auditors of the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Work closely with legal and human resources to coordinate and execute all stock administration activities and provide accounting for all stock-based compensation arrangements
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency
- Implement and maintain financial reporting processes and procedures to comply with COSO and SOX 404
- Support the month-end closing process through preparation of journal entries and technically challenging, complex accounting transactions
- Perform Ad-hoc projects as needed
- BA or BS in accounting preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations (including XBRL) is required
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Public audit experience with a Big 4 accounting firm(Preferred), with heavy exposure to PCAOB auditing standards and SEC Reporting
- Must have a CPA
Please send all resumes or inquires to Daniel Treffry at firstname.lastname@example.org, it is an honor to partner with you on your search!
At LEAPROS™, we are committed to our core values and guiding ethical principles, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity. This commitment enhances our ability to conduct business with the highest level of integrity, solidifying our position as the most trusted workforce solutions partner. To learn more about LEAPROS™ or to speak with one of our recruitment partners, call 866-920-LEAP or visit our website at www.leapros.com.