Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
Director, Vendor Relations
- Job Title
- Director, Vendor Relations
- Requisition ID
- Radnor, PA 19087
- Other Location
- Winston-Salem, NC or Irvine, CA
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2018 Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and Baa1 by Moody's.
Title: Director, Vendor Relations
Location: Office-based position at one of the following locations:
- Radnor, PA
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Irvine, CA
The Director, Vendor Relations is part of Essent’s Customer Experience and Innovation Team that is directly responsible for maintaining and continuously improving our EssentEDGE platform. EssentEDGE broadly includes all systems used by clients and internal business processes that support quoting and ordering Mortgage Insurance. The Team is also responsible for enabling procurement of data from lenders, credit providers and other third party sources necessary to support Essent’s evolving risk-based pricing methodology. The primary responsibility of the Director, Vendor Relations is to establish and maintain relationships with strategic business partners that are critical in enabling these objectives.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Manages existing relationships with vendors who support current MI transaction activity including traditional Loan Origination System (LOS), Point of Sale (POS), and Pricing Engine (PE) providers.
- Develop and execute call plan to routinely meet with appropriate vendor representatives to discuss mutual business interests and assure Essent’s business objectives are prioritized. Establish Essent advocates within each vendor. Call plan will include regular virtual and in-person interaction.
- Foster relationships between Essent’s Customer Integration Team (CIT) and key vendor contacts to assure effective on-going production maintenance and improvements.
- Identify and target key vendors that merit a deeper strategic relationship. Facilitate and coordinate senior level engagement for purposes of discussing strategic priorities and opportunities.
- Actively explores and develops new relationships with vendors who can support Essent’s emerging risk-based pricing objectives. These relationships include, but are not limited to credit bureaus, emerging fintechs, traditional third party mortgage data providers and the GSE’s.
- Researches and identifies appropriate providers and sources, including non-traditional sources, of usable and valid data. Establishes and manages relationships, as applicable.
- Active participant in Essent’s pursuit of capturing new data at the point of sale to accomplish ongoing risk-based pricing objectives, including the evaluation and practical implementation of such data.
- Assists with cost / benefit evaluation.
- Research, seek out and evaluate new technologies that support or enhance Customer Experience and Innovation objectives.
- Engages with internal Essent staff to understand how technology can help facilitate their business objectives. Identifies and collaborates with CE&I team and the IT team to evaluate potential efficiencies and enhancements.
- Assists in the development, customer engagement and implementation of Essent’s Application Programming Interface (API) strategy.
- Maintains calendar of mortgage industry vendor and technology conferences. Coordinates Essent attendee participation and conference meeting schedule, with a focus on loyalty creation and brand awareness.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or information technology
- 10+ years working in mortgage industry or in mortgage industry support services
- Practical experience with relationship management
- 50-75% travel required
- In-depth understanding of the mortgage lending industry and lender processes
- Mortgage lending technology orientation
- Third party mortgage industry support network
- Relationship management, negotiating, and problem solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Collaborative, open, hands-on approach
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.
Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.