Product Applications Engineer - Fluid Transport - Contract
- Job Title
- Product Applications Engineer - Fluid Transport - Contract
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Product Applications Engineer - Fluid Transport
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This candidate is responsible for designing automotive air conditioning lines (fluid transport) to meet customer specific requirements and package, including: act as primary technical interface to the customer for all Fluid Transport related topics for designated programs, provide all necessary engineering deliverables to support customer new model program(s), and support internal program reviews with technical deliverables and support manufacturing as necessary to successfully launch new designs.
- Lead design and release of new fluid transport end items
- Interface with the customer
- Negotiate packaging space and design trade-offs
- Provide direction to CAD, CAE, and test personnel
- Lead program specific DFMEA
- Conduct application specific testing and customer Report (DVP&R / PVP&R)
- Interface with manufacturing facilities to ensure designs are feasible
- Develop and maintain bill of materials
- Support Program Management to ensure all engineering deliverables are completed on time and properly documented
- Lead program specific technical design reviews
Years of Experience
3-5 years related experience, preferably with some in a manufacturing role/environment.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, test, and launch new products
- Understanding of automotive HVAC architectures
- Experienced in design of automotive components
- Experience in quality disciplines such as DFMEA, etc.
- Experience in brazing and metal forming and bending technologies
- Understanding of fluid test methodologies and equipment
- Working knowledge of GD&T concepts
- Ability to apply Design for Manufacturing and Assembly concepts
- Able to interpret CAE results to optimize designs
- Ability to conduct Technical Design Reviews
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills
- Experienced in project planning and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint