Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
Customer Service Representative
- Job Title
- Customer Service Representative
- Requisition ID
- Winston Salem, NC 27104
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2018 Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and Baa1 by Moody's.
Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: Winston Salem, NC
This is an individual contributor position which works under regular supervision and is responsible for assisting Essent customers and employees on training and use of our MI customer systems in a call center environment.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Provides customer support for mortgage insurance applications and quotes via the Essent Online applications and LOS integrations, as well as default /claims via LM Online.
- Assist customers with data input, document upload, import of data files, messages received during submitting requests (including suspension and failures), and all other questions regarding the supported systems.
- Use a “ticketing system” to monitor, track and resolve customer issues which arise, using phone, email, and system messaging capabilities.
- Set up new, re-activate and disable mortgage users on our systems.
- Participates in system enhancement testing and implementation.
- Be available for work daily 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with the availability to work other hours as business needs dictate.
- Assist with reviewing and understanding training materials, guides and other forms of user documents.
- Train internal Business Development staff on our external systems which our customers have access to.
- Prepare and distribute metrics for reporting on usage, trends and issues.
- Deliver customer training for supported systems via webinar as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years or more of mortgage processing experience, which should include responsibility for ordering mortgage insurance, working with lender computer systems, EDI/LOS integrations, uploading documents and creating PDF’s.
- Experience in a call center environment.
- Availability to work rotating shifts any time between 8am-8pm EST.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to present information in an easily understood manner.
- Experience delivering webinars a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Flexible with the ability to work in an ever changing environment.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.
Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.