Sr. Financial Analyst (CPA Required)
- Job Title
- Sr. Financial Analyst (CPA Required)
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller and CAO on all of the company's SEC reporting, including 10-K, 10-Q, Form 4s, Form SD and Proxy Statement.
- Take responsibility for a substantial portion of SEC reporting, consolidation accounting, and technical accounting matters.
- Lead technical accounting research projects and help develop position on new accounting pronouncements. Technical accounting projects are primarily focused on US GAAP.
- Coordinate, oversee, and liaison with external and internal auditors in order to ensure the accuracy of accounting and reporting.
- Conduct activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist with tax support preparation and oversee our tax provider in order to ensure timely tax filings and tax provisions.
- Manage portions of the monthly consolidation and financial statement close process.
- Confer with management and internal business partners on unusual issues and situations, and in identifying reporting requirements.
- Coordinate, oversee, and liaison with Financial Operations, both domestic and international.
- Develop and independently implement work strategies to achieve desired results.
- Leverage extensive internal and external contacts at all levels in the organization.
- Summarize financial performance, identify key performance indicators, and facilitate action plans to address significant risks and opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional areas to identify and implement continuous process improvements.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Minimum Education / Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or an equivalent. A CPA and/or MBA, or CTP/CCM is preferred.
- Three or more years of professional Finance experience.
- A strong knowledge of US GAAP. Experience with SEC reporting is preferred.
- Experience with Active Disclosure or other online SEC filing tools (preferred).
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills to analyze problems and generate new ideas and solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to identify, define, and resolve complex problems, projects, and programs, as well as the ability to identify trends and issues.
- A proven ability to accomplish desired objectives and outcomes by influencing individuals at all levels, including internal and external management.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement policy and procedures in technical accounting areas.
- A demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- A demonstrated ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the office environment, including a thorough understanding of financial software and information systems.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations