Robotics Engineer II - (Software Eng II)
- Job Title
- Robotics Engineer II - (Software Eng II)
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Robotics Engineer (Software Engineer I)
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is looking for a Robotics Engineer with 2+ years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs.
The Robotics/Software engineer will design and build high level robotics software. Our robotics engineers will be involved in the full design process for various robotics manipulating including design, modeling, construction, and testing. Robotics engineers are responsible for the high level design of robotics controllers such as simulators, motion planning, and external interfaces. Involvement in the creation of systems that will enable the industrialization of space.
- Solid foundation in robotics: Kinematics, Dynamics, Motion Planning, and Collision Avoidance
- Strong C or C++ background
- Strong demonstrated use of Python
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with HW/SW integration
- Experience with sensor fusion and controls
- Experience navigating a Linux environment
Travel Required- An average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
Bachelors degree in a related field, Masters degree (preferred)
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!