- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer/Technician
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Electrical Engineer- Aerospace
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is looking for a Electrical Engineer with 3-5 years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs.
The Electrical Engineer interprets electrical design requirements and designs electrical systems. By applying standard principles and practices, the senior electrical Engineer creates original layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, isometrics and illustrations.
Coordinate the best design solution by applying industry knowledge while considering customer needs and budgeting requirements. Act as primary lead and provide technical assistance for multiple projects during bidding, design, permitting and construction. Provide efficiency reviews and/or value engineering options for existing designs. Prepare detailed drawings/models for a project using the application of theoretical and practical design knowledge. Provide design direction and support to all team members. Communicate with clients, consultants, project personnel and inspecting authorities.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment and installation required; bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of directly related experience.
- Must possess strong electrical design fundamentals, including a background and knowledge of NEC, IBC, IECC and life safety codes.
- CADD experience preferred, but not required.
- Able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid work environment.
- Must be detail oriented and quality driven.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and a functional level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values, which include integrity,
Travel Required- An average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!