Firmware Engineer - Electrical Engineer II
- Job Title
- Firmware Engineer - Electrical Engineer II
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Firmware Engineer- Electrical Engineer II
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is looking for a Firmware Engineer- Electrical Engineer II with 3-5 years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs.
This role is a critical member of the technical team developing 3-D products for Space. The Firmware Engineer is primarily responsible for developing and supporting product firmware for our next generation of manufacturing in space. Additionally, designing embedded systems in aerospace or other high-reliability industries (automotive, naval, etc.), along with robotic control system (Dynamics, kinematics, state estimation, motion planning) is an essential function.
- 5 years of work experience in the following areas:
- Digital Control theory and techniques
- Low-level firmware development for embedded targets including microprocessors
- Autonomous systems
- Fluency in C, C++
- Experience in optimal control
- Familiarity with 3D printer control / methods
- Python or other scripting languages
- High level understanding of FPGA HDL
Travel Required- An average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
B.S. in Electrical, Software, Computer Engineering or similar disciplines
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
Applicants must be Authorized to work in the United States.
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!