Public Cloud Architect
- Job Title
- Public Cloud Architect
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
Delivers technology solutions specifically focused on Public Cloud Engineering. Serves as a technical expert to junior level engineers. Partners with infrastructure teams to provide the business with the best possible solutions. Keeps up to date on technology trends.
Public Cloud Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing public scalable public cloud solutions in the enterprise.
The candidate should have hands on experience with technical implementations and solutions AS WELL as the capability to market those solutions internally.
- Implements public cloud technology solutions requested by business units
- Engineering of public cloud technology platforms supporting application environments
- Documents and publish standards for application patterns
- Executes patterns and design standards for infrastructure teams
- Reviews metrics for quality control
- Provides technical expertise and advice to programmers and other departments
- Ensures a risk management mindset when considering Public Cloud solutions
- Preferable Certifications: AWS Certifications or comparable experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related science or relevant experience
- Very strong experience in Public Cloud Architectures such as AWS, Azure, Google AWS Cloud products (EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS/Aurora, Lambda/ Kinesis, ELB, Glacier, ECS, API Gateway, Step Functions, Glue, SES/SQS, etc.)
- Strong DevOps/ CI/CD process architecture/engineering, Jenkins, GIT, Source Code tools
- Extensive experience with Automation focused on AWS CloudFormation and Terraform Engineering and architecting enterprise grade solutions for hardware and Software issues
- Familiar with Oracle, MYSQL, Java, Tomcat, Weblogic, NodeJS, Apache, NGinX
- Splunk experience
- 7+ years working experience with a broad range of technical solution around technology architectures, solution design, and cloud implementations.
- Must be proficient with engineering solutions focused on Cloud offerings- preferably AWS, but also experience with Azure/ Google.