Cloud Enablement Architect
- Job Title
- Cloud Enablement Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Provides technical leadership in the development and implementation of technology solutions specifically focused on Cloud solutions. Develops and implements cloud consumption patterns and partners with core infrastructure teams and information security to provide application development teams with the best possible solutions and works with Enterprise Architecture to establish standards.
The candidate should have hands on experience with technical implementations and solutions as well as the capability to design and deliver those solutions.
- Works on a team of cloud enablement architects and influences application architects within the LoBs to fulfill organizational goals and objectives
- Establishes relationships with key technical and non-technical decision makers to help drive long- term cloud adoption to resolve business problems and develop impactful solutions
- Provides technical expertise and advice to application development teams to guide cloud adoption
- Represents the infrastructure organization to LoB teams that will help define future direction around cloud application designs and usage
- Designs and publishes standards for application patterns
- Responsible for forecasting cloud consumption
- Provides technical expertise for the cloud engineering team
- Establishes cloud consumption patterns and sets standards for cloud infrastructure teams
- Establishes metrics to lead the LoB development organization(s) on cloud implementation best practices
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferable Certifications: Amazon, Microsoft, Linux, Puppet, Ansible, Redhat, or comparable experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of application and cloud architecture and related technologies
- Experience working with stakeholders and customers in a service delivery capacity
- Comfortable building solutions as an individual and as a leader of others concurrently
- Excellent technical documentation capabilities (e.g., data models, process diagrams, high level designs)
- Strategic thinking abilities and an enterprise-wide perspective
- 10+ Years Red Hat Linux, Windows, Networking, and/ or Storage expertise.
- 5+ Years working with financial firms.
- Expert in public Cloud Architectures such as AWS, Azure, Google
- Strong DevOps/ CI/CD process architecture/engineering, Jenkins, GIT, Source Code tools.
- Extensive experience with AWS CloudFormation, including advanced concepts (helper scripts, lifecycle hooks, update policies, config sets, wait conditions, custom resources, etc).
- Engineering and architecting enterprise grade solutions for hardware and Software issues.
- Familiar with Oracle, MYSQL, Java, Tomcat, Weblogic, NodeJS, Apache, NGinX