Lead Solution Architect
- Job Title
- Lead Solution Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
This is a technical position that requires 8+ years' experience in IT combined with strong application design & development skills and excellent communication skills. This position will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing innovative end-to-end software architectures that enable strategic objectives. Designs produced must meet both business and non-functional requirements while aligning to standard reference architectures.
- Primary accountability for the position involves establishing and driving clear, effective, and innovative solution designs aligning reference architectures, blueprints, and business and IT strategies across the technology and enterprise landscape.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and designing architectures that enable strategic initiatives & technology objectives that consider strategic alignment, scale, reliability, security, complexity, and cost.
- Evaluating software technology/products for enterprise use. Participation with agile teams to ensure architecture standards are being maintained.
- Hands-on experience and technical skills in designing and implementing robust enterprise level solutions with a broad understanding of traditional and modern software technology frameworks, platforms, vendor software solutions, development tools, and processes.
- Experience designing and implementing Microservices or API-based integrations with clear understanding of JSON, REST and HTTP standards.
- Experience integrating both modern and legacy systems is a plus.
- Clear understanding of cloud, hybrid cloud, and container deployment architectures including building cloud-ready applications and container orchestration systems (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Experience with creating and/or implementing designs and integration patterns connecting varied technology systems and vendor platforms.
- Experience working with agile development teams, methodologies and toolsets.
- Experience with DevOps practices including but not limited to continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) concepts and tools; familiarity with automated testing and code analysis tools.
- Experience with developing reusable assets such as prototypes, solution designs, documentation and other materials that contribute to department and organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- The incumbent must have strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and influence key stakeholders.
- Be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and research skills