- Job Title
- Systems Architect
- Job ID
- Chantilly, VA
- Other Location
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Systems Architect to join their Engineering team.
The position is based in Chantilly, VA with meetings in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis.
You must be a U.S. Citizen and hold an active/current, fully adjudicated Top Secret clearance. SCI preferred.
Ability to obtain DHS Suitability also preferred
Will support enterprise architecture for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). Architecture analysis and supporting products will be developed using the DoD Architecture Framework 2 (DoDAF2) and the UNICOM System Architect (SA) tool across multiple time epochs
- Developing DoDAF2 operational (OV), data (DIV), system (SV) and service (SvcV) view products in support of the enterprise architecture
- Utilizing architecture products to shape/inform solution requirements in support of acquisition objectives
- Aligning architectures to the customer’s strategic goals/objectives (roadmaps, mission capabilities)
- Performing architectural analysis and design using both structured and object techniques
- Creating new architecture designs and integrating new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks
- Identifying system-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embedded security within the given WAN / LAN architecture
- Applying external interface requirements to architectural products; documenting external operational and system data exchanges
- Experience with architecture modeling, supporting methodologies, and notation set background across both structured and object techniques.
- Strong understanding of DoDAF2 to include having practical experience in building various product views utilizing SA or a similar tool.
- Broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and be able to apply this experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Define, interpret and develop complex operational and system interfaces for large enterprise wide applications with support from senior domain engineers and/or government staff.
- Attend and brief engineering and architecture review boards, serving as a team member simultaneously supporting multiple system and segment developments across the community.
- Broad knowledge of DHS and other Intelligence Community (IC) architectures and missions, both as-is and future vision.
- Strong communication skills are required for collaboration with both customers and fellow architects alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- 10+years of experience in system engineering or system development experience
- DoDAF - Systems Architect - Enterprise Architecture tool - System of Systems (SoS) - Family of Systems (FoS)
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) performing architectural definition and analysis
- Knowledge of system engineering processes, particularly architecture analysis and evaluation of alternatives
- Experience developing DoDAF2 compliant products using UNICOM System Architect or similar tool
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Architecture certification by recognized Government or academic institution (TOGAF, CISSP etc)
- Advanced degree
- Working knowledge of DHS mission partners
- Knowledge of cyber related systems and software
- Experience within the cybersecurity domain to include understanding of Cybersecurity Principles, NIST guidelines, and Risk Management Framework
- Demonstrated experience developing with advanced systems engineering concepts and/or tools