LEAPROS® MOBILE APP IS NOW NATIONAL!
and Job Search Tool
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Techonology & Engineering
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
Accounts Payable Lead/Supervisor
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Lead/Supervisor
- Job ID
- Placentia, CA 92870
- Other Location
LEAPROS is a Southern California based, Human Capital Recruitment and Advisory Solutions Firm, specializing in the fields of Finance & Accounting, Information Technology & Engineering, Human Resources & Administration, Sales & Marketing, and Supply Chain & Operations. Our services include professional and executive recruitment, contract staffing, consulting, and advisory solutions.
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE & VALUE PROPOSITION: Our client partner is a leading manufacturer of chemical distribution throughout the United States.
POSITION TITLE: Accounts Payable Lead/Supervisor (No relocation)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounts Payable Lead/Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the entire accounts payable department as well as directing the staff in processing invoices and payments, handling expense and credit card accounts, and maintaining strong payment relationships with vendors and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of the accounts payable staff and the entire accounts payable department.
- Oversee the accounts payable process, ensure that the department is running well, and pay vendors in a timely manner according to the company guidelines and procedures.
- Continually monitor the accounts payable process for efficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with senior management on check signing procedures and with the Controller on cash flow needs.
- Maintain the vendor/supplier files by performing regular audits to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain all accounts payable files, including weekly filing of paid invoices.
- Code and voucher invoices once proper backup and approvals are obtained.
- Prepare daily check run which includes preparing checks for mailing or overnight delivery.
- Process and code expense reports for corporate credit cards, employee and salesperson expense reimbursements.
- Prepare accounts payable reports, as needed.
- Interact with vendors regarding past due invoices, credits due, incorrect invoices, or other payable issues.
- Interact professionally and maintain effective communication with all departments and personnel within the company.
- Ensure that all payables are recorded to the correct general ledger codes.
- Manage the weekly disbursements by planning and allocating cash resources based on vendors’ requirements.
- Perform period-end accrual and account reconciliation processes.
- Oversee the sales and use tax, form 1099, and other payable-related filings.
- Collaborate with the accounting team in identifying cost-saving initiatives.
- Solidify vendor relations by acting as a liaison between the purchasing team and vendors in resolving payable matters.
- Prioritize and handle multiple projects at once, particularly during month and year-end.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably in Accounting.
- Minimum of 8 years of accounts payable experience and 2 years of experience as an accounts payable supervisor.
- Ability to analyze the accounts payable process and identify and implement areas of improvement.
- Strong leadership and team development skills. *Strong general Accounting knowledge.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy with strong data entry skills and experience.
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with an ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs, as needed.
- Ability to work in an energetic, deadline oriented environment.
- Proficient MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.). Knowledge of Manufacturing software is a plus but not required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
At LEAPROS, we are committed to our ethical principles and core values, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity.