IBM Power8/9 System Administrator
- Job Title
- IBM Power8/9 System Administrator
- Job ID
- Fort Lee, VA
- Other Location
IBM Power8/9 System Administrator
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Senior Linux and Power8 System Administrator. SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED. Position is located in Fort Lee, Viriginia, or remote is acceptable.
Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for company and for customers. Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
· Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
· Escalation Management: identify, mange, and lead escalations through L4. Work with others to help manage escalations through L5.
· Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
· Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/company Information Technology infrastructure needs. Lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board or Technical Advisory Board.
· Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
· Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
· Solution Design: Apply company solutions or, when justified by business needs, create solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/companyIT infrastructure needs. Provide feedback to create new company solution sets.
· Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
· Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology/ customers and/or internal businesses/end user’s areas. Provide review/advice to projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
· Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users on a broad range of technical and operational topics. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customers and/or internal businesses/end users. . Develop and grow assigned customers and/or internal businesses/end users account relationships.
· Teamwork: Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional, and addressing complex issues. Trusted advisor inside technology area and recognized outside team/technology area. Typically advises or sets direction for:
· Large customers/groups of customers
Education and Experience Required:
Secret Clearance (Active)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 10 years of directly relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Lead Linux system administrator
· Lead AS400 or Power8 administrator