- Job Title
- Cloud Architect
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
Serves as highest level technical application and/or infrastructure architecture expert for software development / solutions teams at the program level. Has extensive experience delivering IT solutions; develops the technical or business strategy for the program and acts as SME to program/project teams in the plan, design, and delivery of solutions. Develops and drives short - long term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments.
- Uses a broad and deep understanding of business and/or technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop solutions to problems and critical design issues.
- Work assignments are typically focused on critical products for the organization.
- Works independently and will likely supervise the work of lower level personnel.
- Will work with senior Solutions Architects, Application Architects and Project Managers
- Will work closely with Senior Cloud Engineers in delivering new solutions as required
- Will manage relationships with suppliers/vendors and/or business partners.
- BS and 10 + years or equivalent
- Ability to mentor and coach a technical team, leading by example
- Expert knowledge of standards in IT architecture and infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud architecture and solutions design
- Experience with operating in a digital transformation environment
- Ability to develop enterprise guidelines and standards
- Expert knowledge of the software development process and how it fits within the IT architecture and infrastructure
- Expert knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs
- Expert knowledge of enterprise platforms and infrastructure systems and solutions, or expert knowledge of key business functions and processes.
- Understanding of Information Security Policy and Procedures, and security tools and solutions, and how they fit within the IT architecture and infrastructure
- Ability to lead or interact with and provide architectural design guidance to project teams made up of employee, business partner, and/or supplier resources
- Ability to effectively communicate with other senior leaders of IT on program strategies and plans and negotiate quality solutions