- Job Title
- Requirements Engineer
- Job ID
- Chantilly, VA
- Other Location
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Requirements Engineer in Chantilly, VA.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Requirements Engineer to join our Cyber Engineering team.
The position is located in Chantilly, VA with meetings in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis.
This position requires a minimum of a Top Secret clearance, preferrableSCI or ability to obtain.
The Requirements Engineer will document, analyze and review software requirements for a large software development team responsible for development, test, installation, customer interface and O&M activities for several applications supporting the classification of data and documents.
- Document, analyze and review software requirements for a large software development team responsible for development, test, installation, customer interface and O&M activities for several applications supporting the classification of data and documents.
- Responsible for interfacing with multiple stakeholders to assess and understand the requirements to ensure that user stories are consistent and applicable across all products.
- Responsible for overseeing functional and non-functional requirements for multiple products within the project team.
- Primary duties include managing and verifying requirements; capturing detailed descriptions of user needs and product functionality; and ensuring the project team has clear, consistent and testable requirements documented in user stories and completion criteria.
- Reconcile conflicts; decompose high-level information into the appropriate level of detail for team members; and participate in peer reviews of requirements documentation.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- Have 9+ years of experience in system engineering or system development experience
- Have Demonstrated experience (5+ years) performing requirements management
- Experience in working with customers and will be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously, and must be willing to work in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA
The candidate must have demonstrated experience in:
- Systems Engineering and the Systems Engineering Life Cycle
- Requirements Management, Writing and maintaining requirements process documents
- Developing requirements on IT systems
- Decomposing and mapping requirements
- Experience with administering JIRA (DOORS desired)
- Understanding SaFE / Agile environment
- SaFE Certification preferred