City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Medical Intake Specialist
- Job Title
- Medical Intake Specialist
- Job ID
- Wakefield, RI 02886
- Other Location
The Medical Intake Specialist plays a vital role in this busy medical practice.
Duties of the Medical Intake Specialist:
- Call insurance companies for status on outstanding claims.
- Process and follow up on appeals to insurance companies.
- Phone patients for payment or payment arrangements on outstanding balances.
- Print and re-file claims as needed.
- Answer incoming patient, insurance company and physician office telephone calls.
- Research/audit patient accounts for further payment or adjustments
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
Requirements of the Medical Intake Specialist:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment medical office
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated PC skills, i.e. proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of insurance and insurance industry practices
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
Send resume for immediate consideration.
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills
incoming calls, insurance verification, patient billing
- Pay Range
- $16.00 Hourly to $18.00 Hourly