Software Developer- .NET
- Job Title
- Software Developer- .NET
- Job ID
- Sparta, MI 49345
- Other Location
Our Shop Floor Systems Developers participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, and provide high-level support for our proprietary suite of mission-critical, globally deployed, highly configurable, shop floor applications. We typically work 40-45 total hours per week, normal business hours. However, night, weekend, and holiday hours are sometimes required to support launches or respond to incidents. Travel is rarely required but opportunities may arise.
Our ideal candidate is team-oriented, thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and ownership, and has strong analytical skills. The ability to clearly communicate through written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a similar field.
- At least 5 years of experience:
- Working as a full-stack .NET developer in an object-oriented environment.
- Using Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Developing web pages (Web Forms), Windows applications (WinForms), and Windows services.
- Understanding of various software architectural design patterns and concepts such as Service Orientated Architecture (SOA), Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Model/View/Controller (MVC), and event-driven programming.
- Manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Development models based on Representational State Transfer (REST), threading, high-availability, globalization/localization, XML serialization/deserialization, or actors.
- Frameworks such as AngularJS, Entity Framework (EF), Google Remote Procedure Call (gRPC), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), and a logging framework such as Apache Log4net or NLog.
- Development of equipment interfaces (e.g. conveyors, fixtures, robotics, tools, testers, and data collection devices) through Open Protocol Communication (OPC).
- Development of reporting applications or use of reporting tools.
- Use of an ALM tool such as Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Jira, or GitHub.
- Use of a code repository such as Subversion (SVN) or Git.
- Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS).
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Telerik UI library.