- Job Title
- Chemical Operator
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC
- Other Location
Hours: Rotating 12-hour shift work. Job requires extensive work on weekends and overtime, often with little advance notice.
Job Summary: Control and monitor operation of process equipment in a Sodium Chlorate Plant to assure product quality and safe operations.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Operate and monitor plant instrumentation and equipment to assure product quality, efficiency and safe operations.
- Perform laboratory and field analytical testing per procedures to assure product quality and safe operations.
- Perform specific duties for the operational area that is being worked.
- Record plant readings, test results, and describe plant operations and events on appropriate forms accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Inspect and respond to plant readings and test results.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and correct plant alarms and abnormal conditions.
- Clear and secure equipment prior to maintenance work.
- Loading/unloading material into transport containers, railcars and trucks.
- Execute all plant operations according to standard, quality and emergency procedures and supervisory instructions.
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision.
- Comply with environmental and safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain work areas in clean condition and perform housekeeping duties.
- Participate in safety and quality programs as directed.
Relationships: Reports to Production Manager.