Back End Developer
- Job Title
- Back End Developer
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
BACK END DEVELOPER
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working as part of a highly skilled development team, you will be responsible for the design and development of all of our server-side software. We build mission critical complex apps, we manage the whole process, and we'd like you to jump right in.
- Take part in a platform architecture using micro series, cloud services and big data.
- Development and maintenance of RESTful web services for Cloud9 clients, customer portal.
- Development and maintenance of the Cloud9 management system for provisioning, monitoring, and managing the product.
- Design, development, and maintenance of the Cloud9 database schema and the whole database subsystem.
- Develop and support our recording services and call record services including secure storage management, and data retention.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug software
- Review code and design
- Analyze and enhance performance, resiliency and scalability of all systems.
- 80% of time coding
- 15% of time design documents and SCRUM meetings
- 5% L3 support
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software development in a high-performance environment.
- Java J2SE experience with Java 8 or higher.
- Hands on experience with multi threading (Java concurrent package) or Disruptor / Akka
- Experience working in an Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience developing services publishing and consuming messages from AMQP compliant brokers and / or Kafka.
- Strong RDMS and document database knowledge
- A curious mind and a desire to learn.
- An entrepreneurial work style and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Comfortable working in an AGILE SCRUM based environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spring cloud micro services
- Experience developing in a cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services or Google cloud.
- Experience with big data solutions.
- Experience with developing publicly consumable APIs.
- Ability to work in multiple languages (Java, Go, NodeJS and PHP)
- Experience with tools such as SignalFX, Splunk etc.
- Experience with object oriented language and scripting language (specifically PHP).
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred.