Requirements and Configuration Management Engineer (Software/Firmware)
- Job Title
- Requirements and Configuration Management Engineer (Software/Firmware)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Requirements and Configuration Management Engineer
Electronics & Fluid Power
- Develop software and hardware requirements documents for coolant valves and actuators.
- Maintain traceability between customer and internal requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and produce written documentation of agreed upon solutions.
- Integrate a global configuration management strategy into the local organization.
- Monitor and control release and BOM strategy, especially as it relates to software and hardware items.
- Develop policies and procedures, and assist team members in conformance.
Years of Experience
- 5+ years employment in requirements or software development, configuration management, or similar technical positions.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- Familiarity with automotive industry standards such as IATF 16949 or ISO 9001.
- Prior success in implementation of ASPICE, CMMI, or similar process standards within an organization.
- Able to work well in a cross functional team consisting of hardware, software, and mechanical engineers.
- Strong understanding of automotive embedded systems.
- Working knowledge of vehicle bus systems (CAN, LIN).
- Experience with PTC Integrity.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Previous experience developing technical documentation.
Special Requirements (i.e., Overtime, Travel, etc.)
- Limited travel required to suppliers, and manufacturing plants during launch.
- Domestic and international travel to customer facilities for meetings and technical reviews as needed.