Product Development Manager - Controls (Firmware)
- Job Title
- Product Development Manager - Controls (Firmware)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Product Development Manager - Controls (Firmware)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Design and Development of Hardware for coolant pumps, diverter valves, and related electronics for Mechatronics.
- Development Responsibilities
- Lead ongoing development activity by executing management direction and priority
- Coordinate with HW, SW engineers and Product teams to achieve development goals
- Ability to manage a team to determine optimal, robust engineering designs and materials for various products, applications and system components.
- Comfortable participating in a team firmware development effort by following software design guidelines, development for readability and maintainability, well documented firmware design practices, and participation in peer and customer code-reviews
- Approve the release of all product deliverables (PCBA, validated software) in HPLM in accordance with the Core Release Process
- Able to understand customer functional and packaging needs and design/develop cost effective solutions.
- Ability to simultaneously engineer products with consideration to and involvement of manufacturing engineering such that the products are designed for cost effective, robust manufacturing process.
- Must be capable of evaluating various supplier processes and select those optimal for the product.
- Able to determine required EV, DV and PV testing to prove-out/validate designs.
- Prepare for and lead all Core TDRs
- Prepare for and lead all Gate Reviews
- Interface with CDP local representative as required
- Guide the creation and maintenance the following:
- Core DFMEA
- Core DVP
- Technical Specifications
- Ensure core validation is completed
- Support weekly Product Open Issues meeting
- Present core development slides to upper management
- Attend seminars to keep current with market trends
- Communicate all GSPEC standards and ensure adherence
- General Management Responsibilities
- Develop Core Team engineering capability
- Remove any organizational roadblocks for team to accomplish development goals
- Complete all HR related personnel reviews
- Support Sr. Manager in Budget efforts
- Application Support Responsibilities
- Support the Application team as required:
- Review of RFQs and customer specifications
- Customer Tech Reviews
- Tech Shows
- Forward Model issues as required
- Approve and release all changes to core product required by the application
- Ensure the team supports Plant Sustaining Engineering issues warranty analysis effort
Minimum 10 years of experience in Software development and/or circuit design for electronic devices including microprocessor controllers and power electronics for harsh environments.
DEGREE: Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Science minimum or proven track record in similar position
Reference: HW and SW engineers R&R:
- Knowledge of and experience with mainstream 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers with AEQ-100 ratings such as ARM, Microchip PIC, Freescale, STM etc.
- Hands ON PCB design experience
- Use of soldering iron, oscilloscope, function generator, power supplies, and other standard electrical engineering test equipment REQUIRED.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools (ALTIUM big plus)
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Must be able to bring up a new PCB and circuit design from concept through implementation and revision
- Experience in product development and design-for-manufacturing.
- BLDC 3-Phase and Brushed DC Motor design experience a BIG plus.
- Basic understanding of microcontroller firmware and methodology in order to formulate proper circuit design decisions
- Strong C programming experience
- Design and development of embedded firmware for microcontrollers
- Able to work with hardware design engineers to debug new/untested electronic circuit designs and develop firmware to support and test these designs
- Strong troubleshooting skills and use of firmware debugging tools
- Capable of developing thread-safe firmware and familiarity working in fixed-point arithmetic a plus
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel for engineering design and data analysis
- Knowledge of firmware development for communications systems, diagnostics systems, and bootloaders a plus
- Understanding of Java programming for the development application tools a plus
- Ability to understand and apply automotive powertrain engineering specifications.
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
- Good analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Limited travel required to suppliers, customer, and manufacturing plants during launch.
- Development Responsibilities