- Job Title
- Technical Architect
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48336
- Other Location
The Technical Architect is a member of the technology team. This role involves solutioning complex and unique technical problems, and requires the ability to collaborate with strategy and creative team leaders. The Technical Architect will be required to exude extensive technical knowledge of multiple subject areas, including Data Management, Content Migration, Content Management Systems, and Web Services. This work is highly collaborative and requires ingenuity and creativity. The Technical Architect also functions as the team leader for many of the technology staff and has experience managing, directing and motivating teams of people.
- Perform high-level technical scoping of project requirements.
- Works with the leadership team to evaluate and/or contribute to SOWs, cost and schedule estimates.
- Leadership of the technical team through the high-level design exercises.
- Leadership and support for the technical team through entire project lifecycle, ensuring technical requirements, specifications, and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Assist in gathering detailed system requirements and project scoping
- Analyze client systems and make recommendations based on the analysis.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems and applications.
- Lead the process of practice improvement within the technology department in the areas of repeatable software development processes, quality assurance, and rapid acquisition of expertise in new technologies.
- Lead the development of prototypes and proof-of-concept solutions to aid in organizational learning and new business development.
- Lead system architecture design and specification documentation
- Provides on-going feedback to the software engineering and web development teams.
- Analyze, make recommendation, and/or set specifications regarding hosting requirements and deployment strategy.
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of complex software engineering experience in progressively challenging roles.
- 5+ years coding experience in Java/J2EE, including proven skill sets in server and client-side programming and best practices.
- Degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, UML, knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Deep understanding and practical real-world experience in design, development, and operations of high volume, distributed, integrated enterprise scale web applications and platforms with emphasis on performance and scalability.
- Experience in performing requirements gathering & technical specifications driving the results to a SOW, budgetary estimates or overall project plan.
- Data modeling and data architecture skills (relational and unstructured), including data mapping and data migration.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with infrastructure and hosting design and operations (capacity planning, performance management, caching strategy, content delivery networks, testing, profiling, monitoring).
- Ability to analyze and understand complex workflows and processes, and to develop innovative approaches to streamlining and automating them. Experience with industry leading application servers and CMS such as WebSphere, AEM/DayCQ, Sitecore, Interwoven, Drupal and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Driven to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction.