Technical Project Manager
- Job Title
- Technical Project Manager
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI
- Other Location
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities and communications necessary to facilitate the cross-functional planning, design and development of information technology products, modules and services while enforcing process and ensuring compliance to quality standards.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Be a strong and honest voice of a project’s status, progress, activities and risks
- Document project requirements, scope, schedule and present to internal leadership or the client
- Hold and facilitate sessions related to road-mapping, discovery/definition, requirements gathering, sprint planning, reviews or check-ins
- Breakdown work into manageable sub-tasks, estimate efforts and set milestones
- Assign owners to deliverables and hold team members accountable to their tasks and activities
- Work with Kanban boards to organize deliverables into use cases, stories, epics and sprints
- Work with Confluence and Jira to document and maintain project backlogs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Identify bottlenecks, escalate issues in a timely manner and recommend resolutions where appropriate
- Work in an agile environment and within a focused cross-functional team
- Develop and own relationships with clients and partners, working with them to optimize/enhance integration
- Monitor, control and deliver better value to the customer
- Participate in product testing, user acceptance and overall quality assurance
- Maintain and support all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Scienceor equivalent experience preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of proven experience in project management showing ability to deliver products
- Strong knowledge in technology tools, products and services including enterprise CMS and cloud computing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.