Senior Storage Engineer - Top Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- Senior Storage Engineer - Top Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Senior Storage Engineer
Top Secret Clearance Required to Start
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a large defense contractor in their search for a Senior Storage Engineer to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 program located in Springfield, VA. A current Top Secret security clearance is required for consideration.
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. The IRM program supports the Department of State to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
The candidate will be responsible for the development of enterprise storage system designs for IT projects. The candidate will research, analyze, evaluate and integrate as necessary new and emerging technologies in order to find ways to deliver a superior IT environment to the bureaus in a cost effective and secure manner. The candidate will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into the Department’s equipment modernization program. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and integrate enterprise storage solutions for ~260 Overseas Posts.
- Act as the technical team lead for Enterprise Storage integration projects.
- Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
- Conduct Technical Exchange Meetings.
- Reviewing and documenting functionality of existing legacy applications.
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers as required.
- Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience designing and integrating enterprise storage arrays (e.g. NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Data migration experience.
- Top Secret Clearance.
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- DoS processes and procedures
- LAN/WAN network experience
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace
- Strong scripting skills
- MCSE certification
- Server virtualization and domain experience
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: TOP SECRET (Active)
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #storageengineer @NOVAjobs @topsecretjobs #cjpost #netapp