Data Architect (100% Remote)
- Job Title
- Data Architect (100% Remote)
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Title: Data Architect (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client is looking to add a Data Architect to their team. This person will be responsible for developing and deploying architecture, standards, and processes to improve the management of information and data throughout the organization. Expected to work independently across multiple teams, he or she oversees the expansion of enterprise data as a strategic enabler of goals and objectives. In this role, the candidate will utilize technology, communication, and leadership skills to manage a multi-platform and hybrid-cloud data environment across the Corporate Payments business.
Our client will allow this person to work 100% remote. We're ideally looking for a candidate who has worked remotely in some capacity in the past, and understands how to manage their time and communication effectively, in that aspect. Our client has physical locations in the Nashville, TN surrounding area and Atlanta, GA surrounding area. Travel will be expected about once every other month (or once every couple months) to those locations (company paid); but otherwise, the candidate is able to work 100% remote. If the candidate happens to live close to either of these locations, they are more than welcome to utilize the office!!
- Develop enterprise data architecture: define the principles for acquisition, storage, enterprise data services, and data access for a variety of use-cases.
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
- Explain data architecture concepts to the business and engineering community and relate them to business problems then solutions
- Define and discuss high level requirements, solution design, and business data stewardship through a variety of techniques when working with business partners, third party groups and internal staff
- Act as the primary advocate of data modelling methodologies and data processing best practices
- Lead multiple projects and efforts to orchestrate and deliver cohesive data solutions in partnership with related architectural teams
- Collaborate with IT teams, software providers and business owners to predict and devise data architecture that addresses business needs for collection, aggregation and interaction with multiple data streams
Key Performance Indicators
- Data Flow and Master Data - Map, rationalize, model, and manage enterprise data
- Integration – Provide consistency and availability of core business data across the organization
- Governance - Apply governance, stewardship, and frameworks for modeling and managing data and changes
Education and Experience
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science, engineering or quantitative field
- Minimum ten years of experience in database administration and design
- Minimum eight years of experience in data-engineering-related field
Required Knowledge and Skill
- Expert knowledge of data modeling, logical/physical database design, and database optimization
- Deep experience with NoSQL databases, data visualization, and unstructured data
- Deep experience architecting and implementing solutions on RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, DB2, and SQLServer
- Strong foundation in all phases of system development lifecycle from requirements gathering through delivery
- Experience implementing end-to-end architecture and design for big data, cloud, data warehouse, and business intelligence
- Experience with advanced SQL including writing complex, multi-stage transformations, user-defined functions, stored procedures, and tuning query performance
- Experience scheduling, structuring, and owning data transformation jobs that span multiple systems and having volume and time requirements
- Experience with cloud-based data storage systems from AWS and/or Azure
- Deep understanding of financial services with experience in payment systems (preferred)
- Ability to partner with development teams through outstanding collaboration and communication
Drives to Win - Possesses sustained energy to set and meet challenging objectives; the ability to organize resources to achieve a standard of excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going performance.
Communicates Clearly and Effectively - The ability to effectively share ideas, thoughts, information and feelings with a diverse range of audiences to development two-way understanding; it includes speaking, listening and written communication skills; the ability to influence others towards a desired way of thinking or course of action and to secure agreement to achieve common goals through effective negotiation.
Demonstrates Flexibility and Adaptability - Is open and receptive to appropriate change; the ability to manage and shift priorities as required, and to incorporate new approaches in support of changing organizational needs; possesses confidence in challenging the status quo and providing input to change efforts.
Focuses on Customer Service -A desire to help or meet the needs of customers; the ability to respond to the changing needs of the customer while maintaining a high standard of quality and adhering to company policies, standards, practices and processes.
Teamwork - Is able to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationships with customer and co-workers; able to work cooperatively across organizational boundaries to achieve shared goals; possesses an understanding of team dynamics and provides tangible contributions to teams, fostering collaboration and an
environment of mutual trust and respect.
Builds Relationships - The ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholder; it includes leveraging these contacts to influence positive outcomes for the business.
Develops Self - Maintains a commitment to personal and professional development, keeping abreast of current professional knowledge; is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve self.
Solves Problems - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; able to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner.
Manages and Executes on Projects - Establishes plans and manages resources to ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and on budget.
Acts with Integrity and Demonstrates Ethical Behavior - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones’ motives and representations and those of the organization; is seen as direct, truthful, keeps confidences, promises and commitments; acts in an honest and trustworthy manner based on personal accountability and a moral conviction to do the right thing