Data Delivery Principal
- Job Title
- Data Delivery Principal
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37109
- Other Location
Conexess Group is working with a local client to identify a Data Delivery Principal to aid in building a dimensional data warehouse in the Microsoft Azure stack. In this role you will design, build, and maintain data warehouse and analytics. Works closely with stakeholders including developers, architects, technical staff and business clients to establish the technical implementation approach and provides the technical direction and guidance to the development team to deliver a consistent data product. Delivers solutions in a complex production environment including disparate legacy data environments, multi-tenant systems, high volume structured and unstructured data. The responsibilities include technical leadership and oversight, providing realistic estimates of engineering effort, adherence to architectural standards and influencing the work of others.
- Seven (7) or more years of database development experience
- Three (3) or more years of technical leadership experience; subject matter expertise
- In-depth delivery experience in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL or Data Warehouse, Oracle, DB2; Azure SQL strongly preferred
- Strong SQL experience: Oracle a plus
Day to Day
- Provides technical leadership during the development and implementation of team initiatives including working with application development, technical support and operations teams during design, development and implementation.
- Proposes technical solutions that address risk with both preventive and contingent actions as needed. Point out quality concerns and escalate as needed.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with customers and IT personnel including Architects, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Scrum Masters, Software Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance.
- Stays informed about technology innovations and contributes to thought leadership by presenting on these topics to internal partners.
- Promotes team solutions and capabilities through aligning features and benefits to user and business leader needs.
- Participates in and/or leads meetings between key stakeholders to discuss new products, resolve open issues and provide progress updates.
- Works with, and through, cross functional teams to help architect and estimate software solutions.
- In order to successfully support and drive implementations, provides coding and technical skills as needed.
- Provides technical leadership on assigned projects to ensure delivery of valuable solutions in alignment with business needs, technological platform architecture, and overall SDLC. This requires understanding business requirements, adhering to technical architecture standards, recommending technical design, monitoring development and testing efforts, resolving technical issues, making technical decisions, and supporting deployment of the product.
- Works with other development, architecture, and product development teams to ensure delivery of product.
- Maintains technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always looking out for new technologies and working with the management and development teams when evaluating new technologies.
- Mentors developers, analysts and quality assurance team members.