- Job Title
- Teradata Developer
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
Conexess Group Nashville is aiding a local client in their search for an experienced Teradata Developer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
- Over 5 + years of experience in IT, with proficiency as Teradata developer and strong expertise in SQL queries, stored procedures, Teradata Macros and Teradata views.
- Expertise in creating databases, users, tables, triggers, macros, views, stored procedures, functions, packages, joins and hash indexes in Teradata database.
- Extensively worked with Teradata utilities like BTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load, Multi Load to export and load data to/from different source systems including flat files.
- Hands on experience using query tools like TOAD, SQL Developer, PLSQL developer, Teradata SQL Assistant and Query man.
- Expertise in writing large/complex queries using SQL.
- Proficient in performance analysis, monitoring and SQL query tuning using EXPLAIN PLAN, Collect Statistics, Hints and SQL
- Advanced skills in ER design, dimensional design, object design, UML with a data modeling tool (ErWin, Er/Studio) and gather metadata and data dictionary
- Experience in designing Healthcare Business models and Key performance Indicators(KPI) rich including but not limited to STARs, RISK Adjustment, Utilization and Care Management
- Excellent experience with converting the models into Logical and/or Physical Views in Teradata.
- Good knowledge in Unix Shell scripting.
- Excellent Experience with different indexes (PI, SI, JI, AJIs, PPI (MLPPI, SLPPI)) and Collect Statistics.
- Well versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) i.e. Requirement(s) gathering & analyzing, Design/redesign, Implementation and Testing.
- Good knowledge on Agile Methodology and the scrum process.
- Have experience in working with and developing dimensional deformalized models
- Proficient in preparing high/low level documents like design and functional specifications.
- Write views based on user and/or reporting requirements.
- Efficiently develop and deploy stored procedures and views to support specific reporting requirements.
- Participate as an Agile team member.
- Script Teradata utilities fastload, multiload, tpump to load data
- Write BTEQ scripts to transform data
- Write Fastexport scripts to export data
- Write, tested and implemented Teradata Fastload, Multiload and Bteq scripts, DML and DDL.
- Automate where possible.
- Constructed Korn shell driver routines (write, test and implement UNIX scripts)
- Write Teradata Macros and used various Teradata analytic functions.
- Tune and optimized various complex SQL queries and views.
- Good knowledge of Teradata Manager, TDWM, PMON, DBQL, SQL assistant and BTEQ.
***Unable to work C2C****