Data Warehouse Developer
- Job Title
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Position will be responsible for the integration, expansion and support of the North American Automotive and Insurance data warehouse solutions. The Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for interpreting, organizing, designing, executing, and coordinating technical assignments within the Data Warehouse. Candidates must have hands on experience with Oracle 11g in an Exadata platform and with InfoSphere Datastage 11.5 tools. Applicant will work closely with a multitude of groups throughout the organization which will require the ability to communicate with associates with backgrounds ranging from DB development, Application Support, Networking, Operating System Administrators, Software Development Managers and Business Users from a wide range of operating units.
- Participate in the requirement gathering process and develop complex source to target mapping rules
- Conduct Data Profiling in support of the design and testing processes
- Create ETL design documents that supports best practices and development standards
- Contribute to the development of best practice document and ensure adherence to best practices
- Create staging strategy for optimum reusability and performance
- Integrate data from multiple source systems into Data Warehouse using SCD type 1 and type 2 approaches
- Participate in architectural decisions for data integration from source to staging to ODS to EDW
- Involved in developing and maintaining Scheduling and Sequence jobs with complex dependencies.
- Troubleshooting of jobs and addressing production issues like data issues, ENV issues, performance tuning and enhancements.
- Use relevant test types and develop test strategy for all data integration scenarios.
- Automate resiliency process for achieving complete restartability and recoverability of the load processes with zero data loss
- Extract, transform, and load data from various Databases, Sequential files, XML documents.
- Coordinate with offshore development team and mentor developers on proper usage of DataStage tool and adoption of best practices and standards.
- Maintain metadata at appropriate levels commensurate with best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience on data population to Data Warehouse(s) built using IBM's Industry specific Reference Data Models for the Insurance and Banking industries
- 5+ years ETL experience using IBM InfoSphere 11.5 tools in a Grid environment.
- 5+ years of advanced SQL skills in Oracle based on Exadata platform.
- 5+ years of advanced Unix scripting experience
- Must have experience working on a Data Warehouse built using 3rd Normal Form and Datamarts built on dimensional model.
- Strong experience with staging strategy, Change Data Capture, DB and Datastage partitioning, DB Compression, and ETL solutioning to populate staging area.
- Possesses extensive experience in Unit Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Performance Testing.