LEAPROS® MOBILE APP IS NOW NATIONAL!
and Job Search Tool
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Techonology & Engineering
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
- Job Title
- Tax Director
- Job ID
- Riverside, CA 92505
- Other Location
LEAPROS™ Workforce Solutions strategically links employers and professionals through innovative workforce solutions and transformative technology that catalyze growth for impact. LEAPROS™ is a trusted workforce solutions partner, offering customized recruitment and interim staffing solutions, as well as innovative resources designed to empower employers and professionals to accomplish their hiring and career objectives. Operating on a national platform, our areas of concentration include finance and accounting, information technology and engineering, human resources and administration, sales and marketing, supply chain and operations. Whether you are a talented professional or a company looking for a talented professional, we welcome you to take a leap with us!
POSITION TITLE: Tax Director, Riverside
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients’ tax returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Director has mastered the skills and requirements of the Manager role and has been identified as possessing the pre-requisite for future growth in the firm. The Director makes decisions on all but the most unusual tax situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in discipline or industry.
- Demonstrates excellence in most advanced technical skills.
- Performs all task related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the A&A Department with larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the Tax Manager works directly with our clients where the responsibility is delegated from the Partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firms’ clients.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervises tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, development training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for the smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients’ tax returns.
- Accurate and timely billing and collection processes are made.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firms’ philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research software for recommendation to partners.
- Participates in firm practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Our ideal candidate will possess 7+ years of public accounting experience, 5+ years of tax accounting experience and 1+ year supervising or directing others.
- Must have a current CPA Licence
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree is preferred
At LEAPROS™, we are committed to our core values and guiding ethical principles, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity. This commitment enhances our ability to conduct business with the highest level of integrity, solidifying our position as the most trusted workforce solutions partner. To learn more about LEAPROS™ or to speak with one of our recruitment partners, call 866-920-LEAP or visit our website at www.leapros.com.