Scala/Big Data Developer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Scala/Big Data Developer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97204
- Other Location
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland based client in their search for Scala/Big Data folks. This person can work remote with occasional travel required. This role involves a senior contributor, working hand-in-hand with a veteran team of software developers who are creating exciting new features for customers.
- Architecting, developing, testing and deploying highly scalable distributed systems and data processes.
- Design and implement support tools for data processes Benchmark systems, analyze bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Collaborate with other senior application specialist in the organization to create an atmosphere of group contribution in addition to individual execution that makes the organization more efficient and knowledgeable.
- Re-use existing software development practices where possible for productivity but also introduce new trending industry practices and tools where appropriate.
- Design robust solutions to hard problems that also take into account scale, security, reliability, and cost.
- Deliver needed project functionality for specific deliverables but deliver in such a way that the value is useful to the organization in the long term.
- Expertise in functional languages - preferably scala or python.
- Working knowledge of NodeJS, and deep understanding of the event loop, asynchronous programming, streams, and node ecosystem concerns (i.e. versioning and deployment) Familiarity with TypeScript is a plus.
- Experience with least one of data formats like avro, parquet and ORC.
- Experience with containers as in Docker, Kubernetes Experience with machine learning libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, etc. is a plus Experience with AWS services like Glue, S3, Lambda, Fargate, EC2, Athena, Kinesis, Step Functions, DynamoDB, CloudFormation and CloudWatch will be a huge plus.
- Experience using standard SDLC tools like Jira, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Extensive experience with distributed and event systems.
- Demonstrate a "dev-ops as culture" mindset.