- Job Title
- Quality Manager
- Job ID
We are working on a Quality Manager role with an ingredient company in the natural/organic space for their new state of the art facility located in the Greater Columbus Ohio area. The Quality Manager would be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company’s quality management system. They would also be responsible for driving Technical and Quality throughout all departments, monitor and ensure the Technical systems and procedures are met, maintained and improved. The ideal candidate would have dry extrusion experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned):
- Develop quality management strategy & plans, to support, contribute to, and integrate within the organizations business plans & long term strategy.
- Develop the Quality Management System, its implementation & continuous improvement.
- Develop systems to establish & measure technical standards, ensuring performance to standards are maintained.
- Monitor & maintain standards created by external bodies, local/ national agencies and customers, & integrate within the internal quality management systems.
- Communicate changes in standards (internally and externally initiated) & performance against standards across all relevant departments.
- Lead & co-ordinate the HACCP team, & manage meetings and reviews.
- Liaise with customers & suppliers, managing the supplier approval process, & customer complaints. Manage complaint investigation, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions, ensuring timely and accurate responses are delivered to customers and trends are monitored. Carry out technical site visits to suppliers and customers when required.
- Act as first level decision maker for product/ process non-conformance/ quarantine product ensuring thorough investigation & corrective action is implemented.
- Responsible for managing the validation & verification work especially relating to HACCP & the Allergen Management Program.
- Responsible for the completion of shelf life assessment, nutritional analysis, microbiological testing, on pack claim validation & other chemical testing to ensure product meets specification.
- Oversee the Product Development process including the approval of new suppliers/ ingredients, new processes & changes in process/ packaging approval ensuring product safety, legality and quality are always maintained.
- Organize training sessions to raise staff awareness on prerequisites (e.g. allergen, pest, food safety.)
- Accurate completion & maintenance of finished product & raw material specifications. Ensure sensory evaluations for ingredients & finished products are carried out.
- Ensure production records are accurate, ensuring traceability is maintained.
- Create a robust product recall process, regularly challenging and continually improving the process.
- Contribute to Health and Safety risk assessments, ensuring any relevant instructions are added to procedures & integrated into the QMS.
- Oversee the planned preventative maintenance program, ensuring internal programs are followed & third party contractors comply to standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the technical management & quality systems are audit ready every day through the internal audit program ensuring corrective and preventative actions are closed out in agreed time scales.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years experience in a Senior Food Technical \ Quality Assurance role
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/Technology
- Experience working with dry extrusion (cereal products a plus)
- Self motivated to grow and expand the business implementing new ideas
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent leadership abilities
- HACCP Certified