- Job Title
- Kitchen Lead
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC 29150
- Other Location
Large scale food manufacturing process which involves sophisticated systems and machinery. Position requires comprehension of three main areas: batch making, cooking colors/flavors addition processing, starch depositing and curing. Mechanical aptitude will be helpful for this position. Troubleshooting skills and problem identification are needed. Must follow all process related documentation and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies and enforces all safety rules regarding personal safety, machine operation and proper guarding in his area and throughout the facility.
- Wears non-slip shoes and proper Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Reports and investigates any unsafe condition and/or practice to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Complies and enforces Company’s food safety, food quality, and food defense systems.
- Complies with all safety, health, and environmental company’s policies and procedures.
- Reports and investigates any work-related injuries to immediate supervisor.
- Adequately carries out all activities related to the security and quality of the product.
- Ability to safely set up and operate equipment to meet production requirements
- Knowledge and compliance with safety, quality, maintenance, and housekeeping requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders to understand saw setup and packaging requirements.
- Complies and enforces Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Performs internal audits to the Safety and Quality System.
- Provides corrective and preventive actions to non-conformities and issues thru internal corrective and preventive action procedure.
- Becomes personally accountable for the highest quality and integrity standards of behavior, honesty, and fairness in all aspects of the job.