Mogul Team Lead
- Job Title
- Mogul Team Lead
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC 29154
- Other Location
The Mogul Team Lead supports large-scale food manufacturing processes involving sophisticated systems and machinery. The Mogul Team Lead provides day to day leadership and training to staff involved in product production including batch making, cooking colors/flavors addition processing, starch depositing and curing. The Team Lead supports troubleshooting and the identification of problems as they arise, ensures that all process related documentation and specifications are met, and escalates issues to management as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support and training to staff involved in the operation of depositors and kitchen/cooking equipment to customer and Company specifications. Operate machinery, as needed.
- Oversee scheduling and assignment of duties to Mogul Machine Operators for daily activities.
- Ensure accurate reporting of monthly actuals, dynamic forecasting, and related commentary to leadership.
- Maintain quality and efficient manufacturing operations.
- Collaborate and interact constantly with other leads, supervisors and other departments.
- Ensure that all work meets Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), safety, sanitation and other Company guidelines.
- Maintain thorough understanding of AIB, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and other requirements.
- Ensure prompt reaction to schedule and/or specification changes.
- Verify Mogul Machine Operators’ training and performance, and address deficiencies in coordination with management.
- Collaborate with team including Utility Workers, Mogul Machine Operators, Production Supervisors and Manager.
- Establish schedules and support breaks, lunch and other rotation schedules.
- Ensure proper documentation.
- Verify highest quality features of the product in every run.
- Coordinate ingredient inventory levels with planning and inventory controls.
- Meet production goals as assigned.
- Interact with computer software to read production schedules, enter downtime, scrap, document units produced, etc.
- Ensure adherence to housekeeping in line with GMP/NSF standards (includes routine, deep and caustic cleaning).
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Ensure use of raw materials based on specifications.
- Lead the training of team members on related tasks and requirements as needed.