Quality Control Technician II
- Job Title
- Quality Control Technician II
- Job ID
- Sumter, SC
- Other Location
The Quality Control Technician II scans, weighs, measures index of refraction and analyzes texture of product, and inputs data. This position requires inspection skills with attention to detail while performing product and/or packaging inspections. The Quality Control Technician II collaborates with a team of professionals, production staff and leaders to ensure highest quality levels of all company products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify product, packaging materials and labels meet all documented specifications.
- Verify adequate sanitation and line clearances are obtained between product runs.
- Verify weights and date code printing are within specifications.
- Ensure and enforce compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), company and other regulatory requirements.
- Check product for defect levels and document results.
- Collect and process finished product samples.
- Check and clear production lines after maintenance work is performed.
- Track and report label & bag usage, cases produced and investigate discrepancies.
- Use internal systems (AMAPS and SharePoint) to hold or release product, including scanning products using QR codes.
- Perform scale and weight suitability checks, along with other product measurements, as outlined in approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs).
- Document all work in accordance with government regulations and company procedures.