Help Desk Technician
- Job Title
- Help Desk Technician
- Job ID
- Lake Mary, FL 32746
- Other Location
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies, as well as Course Management Software.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to Tier 2, Tier 3, supervisor or other technical staff.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management software (SNOW) and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports
*Position Requirements include:
- Excellent Customer Service Focus
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Trouble-shooting skills
- Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
- Hardware/Software support experience
- Previous Help Desk/Call Center experience
- Experience at institutions of Higher Education
- Web CT and Blackboard Application knowledge